Monday, June 7, 2010

June2010

Is it summer time now? Sure feels like it here!  Although it is hard to get used to loving my boys playing in the dirt. We have no grass yet. Just dirt and TONNES of mud after the rains we have had lately. Not something to complain about because after almost 7 long months of renting a dive, we are now in our half completed home that my husband spent so many hours on!  We feel very blessed to have the opportunity to do this. It is quite an adventure.

If you aren't 'connected' to us via facebook or twitter, then I will try to keep you up to date on what is going on around here!  (Especially since I haven't sent out a newsletter lately...)  On the way we have more unbleached infant and premium sized prefolds, also Thirsties NEW Duo Hemp Prefolds!  I absolutely LOVE the feel of their new hemp. It is custom made especially for Thirsties and 25% more absorbent then other prefolds and very trim too!  I don't have too many of these yet in my own personal stash but let me tell you - after wash day is done this is the first one I grab and it is paired great with a duo wrap... 

Also get your AMP preorder in to us before Friday! We are placing an order then. You will get 15% off your preorder. What a DEAL!! Email us if we don't have what you are looking for on our site...

Ok enough fluff talk!  I want to see if anyone has used the Pampers Dry Max at all?  (It's okay to admit it! Even we use disposables and have them on hand 'just in case.') There has been much controversy about them, and about Pampers bashing the use of cloth diapers too! This is what pampers.com's headline said "Pampers Is Committed To Your Baby's Health, Happiness, and Safety."  It still won't convince me, especially when there are so many reports about rashes and bum burns!

Even Huggies are coming out with a patterned diaper that looks like a pair of jean shorts. If you ask me, they are trying to add the cuteness factor just like cloth diapers too!  I wonder when they will come out with a washable one too?  Hmmmm...

That's all my thoughts today! What do you think? Do pictures make a post more exciting?  Next time I will add some for some visual eye candy too :)

Stay tuned for Local Drop In Morning dates and something you ALL love - FREE STUFF... because birthdays need to be celebrated!!

7 comments:

  1. Claire has used Pampers Dry Max. No burns, no rashes. I love them! Unfortunately, we've moved on to potty training and away from diapers, so we only got to use one package. I actually had to double check that I put a diaper on her because it felt like I forgot. LOL

    And the Huggies jeans ones - so cute! I almost bought some, but again, not using diapers so much any more, so I just couldn't do it.

    I do LOVE the cute little round bum look of cloth though, especially in yoga pants with a crawling baby or one just learning to toddle along. Super adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm now wondering if Chloe's bum burn (when she was newborn) was more the diaper and not the UV therapy light...but who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, have used both!! Logan actually did get a burn on his bum when we used the Pampers Dry Max. And we bought a box of the Huggies jeans! (Bad Ash!!) And sure, they do look cute, but DO NOT contain poop!! At least once a day, Logan has a shower due to everything shooting up his back! That is enough of a reason to stop being lazy and go back to cloth!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son Andrew was burned by the Pampers dry Max. I use cloth 99% of the time, but once a week I have an appointment so my brother watches my kids. He will not change a diaper unless he really has to! So, I use disposables just in case. From that one time, we go a rash. I did not have any cloth friendly diaper cream, so to help him, I figured I would take a cloth holiday and load up the cream! Big mistake! As soon as I put him back in cloth after finding out about the Pampers controversy, the rash began to heal! After all that! I contacted the company, and filed a complaint with Health Canada. I even contacted CTV news and they did a story about it!
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  5. We use the Pampers dry Max at night to help with diaper rash, and haven't had a problem. It gives our baby a break from cloth and keeps him dryer while he's in his diaper longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's interesting hearing the mixed reviews! Also goes to show how different 'batches' of disposable diapers do different things for different babies...
    Amber - I like the round-ness of cloth too :) It also helps keep all my boy's pants up! My 3yr old can't wear size 3 pants, even size twos are big around his tiny lil waist...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting to hear your positive impression of the Huggies jean diaper, Amber. Peaceful parenting had just a scathing review of same: http://www.drmomma.org/2010/05/huggies-limited-edition-jeans-diaper.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PeacefulParenting+%28peaceful+parenting%29

    ReplyDelete