Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The hospital bag

Here I am, sitting at 32 weeks pregnant, just 8 short weeks away from the big due date!  Yes, this is my fourth baby but I have not had to pack a hospital bag for labour in almost NINE years. So I am not sure what was in it, nor did I have to use much out of it either... since my first born was breach. One cesarean, two cesarean, three cesarean. This fourth time, I realized that I DO have a choice of how my baby can be born so the goal is a vba3c.

Here's hoping that my delivery is like Kristin and PamC's! FAST. In case you missed the post on facebook I asked what should be packed in the hospital bag. Here's the list of what was mentioned:

lip balm
pillow & blanket
snacks & drinks/water [for you AND husband]
hard candies
husband and doula [although they may not fit IN the bag but still handy to bring!]
music/ipod
camera & video with extra batteries [or chargers]
massager/tennis balls/pool noodle for massaging
housecoat & slippers/flip flops
toiletries


Also - if there is a Cora's in your area, [there are a few in Winnipeg and more across Canada!] be sure to pop by before the due date to get a coupon for free takeout breakfast for two after the baby arrives!

Thanks for all the great ideas ladies! I know I would definitely have forgotten a few of those important ones :)

I know it is not mandatory but I might sneak in a few tiny cloth diapers to try it from the start in the hospital! I know they provide disposables but I would LOVE to see the reaction when they see a cloth on my new baby...

3 comments:

  1. I think cloth on a newborn would be so sweet. You could always use a liner for the miconium...no biggie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some other suggestions based on my experience:
    - a book/magazine. I couldn't read but it was something to hold onto and look at in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep
    - if your husband is anything like mine, give him strict instructions NOW while you still have a bit of a brain of what you want to eat
    -and don't forget your iphone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? A free brekkie at Cora's??? I will have to make a stop...thanks from a fellow winnipeger...also, I love the list :)

    ReplyDelete