Saturday, February 14, 2015

Thirsties One Size Pocket Diaper Review



Thanks to Tina M for trying out the Thirsties One Size Pocket Diapers and writing up a review for us! Here is what Tina has to say about her experience!

******************************************


Likes:
- No leaks, not even with a newborn breast fed poo-splosion (I used some disposables during this period and it would always end in a blow out).
- The double leg gusset definitely helps with the no-leaking.
- My son is already a heavy wetter and I found this diaper to be very absorbent.
- Cute print(s) (I purchased Scottish Storm).
- Easy to wash, and doesn't take long to dry.


Dislikes:
- It can sometimes be tough to snap the diaper on a wriggly newborn. This is where I can see velcro would be a little easier, but when baby is older, they can undo the velcro a lot easier than the snaps.
- As most cloth diapers, they can be a little bulky for a newborn, even on the smallest snaps.
- I find the pocket really narrow to stuff the insert. I personally don't like the opening on both ends of the diaper for the insert (but you don't have to remove the insert before throwing it into the wash, it agitates out on its own).
- The gussets are white, and with the yellow newborn poo, it stains (hung outside in the sun, still has a light stain).
Wash Routine: My diapers are washed using an HE LG front loader. I rinse on delicate. I use regular powdered Tide detergent at line 3 of the scoop included in the box. I wash on a regular cycle, hot, with extra water (button on machine). I then rinse and extra rinse on delicate. I then either line dry (depending on the weather) or I use the dryer on low.
 
Additional notes:
I used the infant insert only, placed inside the pocket. My son was born August 18, 2014 at 8lb7.5oz, the diaper was used from about that weight until he was about 10lbs. I think it will fit better once he grows a little more. I would definitely recommend this diaper and want to purchase a few more for my collection.

*******************************************
Thanks again Tina {and baby Ben} for your review! Are YOU interested in being a guest blogger for Tiny TreeHugger? Click here to read how!

No comments:

Post a Comment