Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The One about Infertility

Welcome Jodi - our guest blogger and PamJ's friend for over 10 years!

[Pam and Jodi]

My infertility journey (which I am still on) has been the most difficult and painful experience I have ever been through. However it has also shown me that no matter what anyone says I am a strong person. Stronger then I even knew!

We started trying back in June 2010. We were very excited about the whole process. 6 months later we just assumed my body was taking a while to get back to normal after coming off BCP. At this point my husband had some tests done and everything came back normal. 6 months after that and still nothing. We were in denial and made excuses (stress from work, timing, etc.). 6 more months, putting us at 18 months, I finally reached out to some professionals. My family doctor referred me to an OBGYN.

And that’s when it all started. I was given all sorts of paperwork for blood work, procedures, and surgery. I was very overwhelmed and felt very alone. So when I left the office that day I was booked to get a ton of blood work done for all sorts of different things, an ultrasound, a hysterosalpingogram (x-ray of fallopian tube), and a laparoscopy. Throughout all of this I found out that I have a tilted cervix, endometriosis, my left ovary is stuck to my pelvis because of scaring that the endometriosis caused. I was also put on a fertility drug called Clomid. I was only able to take this for 2 months because I was having A LOT of very horrible side effects. So, now we are on the waiting list to a fertility clinic where we will most likely do IVF.

The best advice I would like to give to other future mama’s struggling with fertility is: Don’t wait to seek professional help! Reach out to friends and family, the support is much needed and they will surprise you! And always remember you are not alone.

My name is Jodi. I am trying my hardest to become a cloth diapering moma! At which point I will be a regular customer at TTH! I have been married for 2 years. I work as an EA in elementary schools. I also pick up part time jobs cleaning and babysitting.
For fun I like to watch movies and and as lame as this sounds I like to go driving in the rain...well I like my husband to drive and I enjoy being the passenger and looking at everything. I also love chocolate! It is my greatest weakness! HAHA! Melted chocolate chips, chocolate bars, chocolate cookies and cake and most of all brownies!

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the fertility treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing part of your story. I can't wait to one day read the update of you reaching your goal of being a cloth-diapering Mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait till I hear of that moment too!! I know her and her husband will be great parents :)

      Delete
  3. Such good advice, not to wait to seek out help. The best advice we got was to asked to be referred to an endocrinologist and a fertility center. We did IVF with ICSI and got a little girl on the first try. We see Gods mighty hand moving when we look back on our journey, and praise for our miracle blessing every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice Anon, I have made sure Jodi saw your message! It's really great hearing the positive uplifting stories :)

      Delete
  4. We tried for 4.5 years to conceive our first baby, which we finally did through fertility treatments! Baby will be here in about 11 weeks or so, and I can't wait to start cloth diapering!

    Don't give up! The infertility road is long but it is NOT a dead end!

    ReplyDelete